Patient Dose Calibrator
Patient Dose CalibratorPatient Dose Calibrator Quick, Easy Calibration of DAP (KAP) & Patient Dose Systems
Click for More Images
What's it all about?
Patient Dose Control
The PDC is a reference class instrument for "field calibration" of patient dose measurement and control systems thus ensuring the validity of inter-institution patient dose comparisons.
FLEXIBLE AND CONVENIENT
Use the PDC with a phantom to simulate patient imaging conditions including scattered radiation or mount the PDC on its support stand to measure air Kerma.
SIMPLE TO USE
The PDC displays DAP (KAP) and dose rate during an exposure then automatically switches to display accumulated DAP (KAP) and dose on exposure completion.
A tough ABS plastic housing protects the ion chambers and electronics that incorporate several patented features to ensure long term stability.
- Key Features and Benefits
Complete DAP meter assessment: Measures DAP, DAP-rate over a full range of field sizes and beam qualities Symmetrical Response: Can be used with under-couch tubes without the need for inversion Patient Dose System assessment:
- Dose/DAP Air Kerma Calibration:
- Entrance (skin) Dose / DAP Calibration and QA:
- Image Receptor Dose/ DAP Calibration and QA:
Measure Dose and Dose-rate
- Measure DAP and dose linearity with dose and field size
- Surface dose calibration with phantom and establish reference DAP and dose levels
- Verify Image Receptor dose measurements and AEC linearity testing
Optional Remote Control Software: Automatic data capture with customizable templates Optical & radiographic alignment markers: Setting reference field sizes made simple
- For expert advice on your exact application please call us at 1-626-357-7921 ext 111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the product recommendation that would best suit your needs.Display Range
Dose Area Product (0.01...99 999 999)µGy·m² Air kerma (0.001... 99 999 999)mGy
DAP and Air kerma Inclusive of all uncertainties (temperature, DAP and Air kerma pressure, rate and area dependencies and beam quality) ± 10 % Under reference conditions (10mGy/Min, 15X15 cm field, 80 kVp, 2.5 mm Al filtration) ± 7.5%Digital Resolution Dose area product 0.01 µGy·m² Dose area product rate 1 µGy·m²/min Air kerma 0.001mGy Air kerma rate 0.1 mGy/minRated range of use Tube voltage (40 ... 150) kV Dose area product:
(low rate range)
(high rate range)
(1 ... 1·10⁴) µGy·m²/min
(2·10³ ... 9 ·10⁵) µGy·m²/min
Air kerma rate (0.2 ... 9 ·10³) mGy/min (at the position of the chamber)Automatic Temperature and Pressure Correction Pressure (80.0 ... 106.0) kPa Temperature (+10 ... +40)ºC Air humidity (10 ... 80)% rel. humidity (max. 20g/m³)Ionization Chamber Response versus radiation quality
(50kV ... 150 kV, norm. to 100kV; acc. IEC 60580)
±3% Quality equivalent filtration(70kV) 0.6 mm AI Active area
Dose area product
max. (300x300) mm²
min. (100x100) mm²Power Supply
Internal rechargeable battery pack Li-ION, 2 cells Operation time(state of charge: 100%) > 8 h
Serial Interface USB Protection class(acc. IEC 60259) IP 41 Weight 2.32 kg Dimension 350mm x 410mm x 35mm
(L x W X H)
Optional PDC Software
Acts as a remote display panel to the PDC unit.
- Enables the capture of PDC readings into a spreadsheet that can be saved for later processing using Excel.
- Enables a comprehensive range of capture options providing maximum flexibility with minimal user intervention.
- Enables configuration of the operating parameters of the software.
- Enables the adjustment of some PDC operating parameters, either temporarily or permanently.
DAP Calibration Template
Output Consistency Template
DOSE/DAP AIR KERMA CALIBRATION
- DAP and dose linearity with dose and field size.
- Sensitivity testing.
- DAP and dose calibration at the patient plane or at a reference distance.
ENTRANCE (SKIN) DOSE/DAP CALIBRATION AND QA
- Entrance surface dose calibration for different examinations using a phantom.
- Establishing examination related reference DAP and dose levels.
IMAGE RECEPTOR DOSE/DAP CALIBRATION AND QA
- Image receptor dose measurement.
- AEC linearity testing.
The Energy Dependence Of The Response Of A PDC
Assessment Of An Instrument For Calibrating Dose Area Product (DAP) Meters by North Wales Medical Physics,England
IAEA Codes of Practice for PDC, see page 14 & 15 for details.
The citation being: Implementation of the International Code of Practice in Dosimetry in Diagnostic Radiology (TRS 457), © IAEA, Date Published: 2011